KRRA Limestone Mile ~ Canada Day
Date(s) - Sunday, July 1, 2018
9:00 am - 11:00 pm
It’s intense. It’s fast. It’s two kids races, a women’s race, a men’s race. It’s four short races in one morning with team competition. It’s the KRRA Canada Day Limestone Mile.
A Canada Day tradition, Canada Day Limestone Mile is organized and supported by the Kingston Road Runners Association in support of its charitable causes. We are excited to team with Kingston Interval House.
The course for this classic race distance starts in front of BMO on King St., turning right on Earl St., right on Wellington, head East turning right on to Clarence St. then right back on to King St. to repeat the loop. The race will finish in front of Boucher Park.
We are accepting sponsors for the 2018 Limestone Mile event. If you would like to support this fun family event – and get some community exposure in the process, contact the Race Director here.
The KRRA is pleased to announce this year’s event sponsors:
- East Side Mario’s (Division St.)
- Downtown Kingston
- K-Rock 105.7
- Health in Focus
- DrusSmart Pharmacy
- Allign Orthotics
- Pam Mundell Financial Planning Services
- Runners’ Choice Kingston
- New Balance Canada
Hard copy registration will be available at Runner Choice Kingston.
Early Bird Registration is $25 until 30 April, 2018.
Registration is $30 until June 29th. < KRRA members get $10 OFF.
Registration is $30 on race day. < No KRRA membership discount.
The Kids race is $5.
We will have singlets again this year, for the first 80 adult registrants, medals for the top three male and female adult finishers and great prizes for the top Kid runners.
Registration hard copy forms will be available at Runner’s Choice starting in mid May.
- 8:00am Registration on Race Day begins at Boucher Park
- 9:00 am – Kid’s 8 and under Race
- 9:20 am – Kids 9 and over Race
- 9:40 am – Women’s Race
- 10:00 am – Men’s Race
- Awards and prizes to be given away after Men’s Race has completed.
4-some Team Competition
Build your team for this new team competition. Two men + two women make up each team. This is an opportunity for good runners (who may not be top three finishers) to combine their times for medals and bragging rights. The team with the lowest score wins. Example: women’s 5th place and 21st place + men’s 8th place and 45th place finishes = 79pts. This makes it easier/faster for us to add up and gives equal scoring value in men and women’s races. Youth runners must run adult races to participate.
- Race results will be available at Running By Design
- Registration on Race Day begins at Boucher Park, 8:00am.
- Registration for 14 yrs and up, is $30 until June 30th ($10 off for KRRA members) and $30 on Race Day (no discount for members).
- Singlets are available for the first 80 (adult) registrants. Size availability will be first come first served.
- Cash Prizes to Women/Men overall winners: 1st place: $150, 2nd: $100, 3rd: $50.
- Medals for top three finishers male and female.
- Medals for top three Masters finishers male and female (40+)
- Kids under 14 years old pay only $5.
- Participation certificates for kids under 14 (sorry no kits/shirts for kid registrants).
- Cool giveaways for the kids!
- Post-race refreshments available.
- All participants and volunteers are eligible for draw prizes
- There is plenty of street parking in Downtown Kingston as well as in municipal lots
- Washrooms are available at City Hall.
- Please contact the or Clay Patterson to volunteer for this event.
Check out results from past years:
- 2018 — Kids 8 and Under | Kids 9 – 14 | Women | Men
- 2017 — Kids | Women | Men
- 2016 — Kids | Women | Men | Photos
- 2015 — Kids | Women | Men | Team | Photos
- 2014 — Kids | Kids Certificates | Women | Men | Photos
- 2013 — Kids | Kids Certificates | Women | Men
- 2012 — Kids | Women | Men | Photos
- 2011 — All results | Photos
- 2010 — All results
- 2009 — All results
- 2008 — All results
- 2007 — All results PDF
- 2006 — All results PDF | Photos
- 2003 — Photos