KRRA – Resolution Run 8k
Date(s) - Sunday, January 8, 2017
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Pole 89, driveway at 1007 Sunnyside
2017 Resolution Run
Each year the KRRA Race Series kicks off with the 8km Resolution Run.
This race is organized and supported by the Kingston Road Runners Association which would like to announce the partnership for the 2017 Resolution Run will be with Addiction & Mental Health Services (AMHS).
Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington provides support and services to over 4,000 people in our community with mental health and or addiction concerns. As a leading, transformative and collaborative organization, AMHS-KFLA’s mission is to provide responsive, high-quality, community-based addiction and mental health services that empower the people it serves to be well and achieve their full potential.
Photos from the 2017 KRRA Resolution Run are available here.
Registration, kit pickup, pre-race gathering, awards, food, etc. will be taking place at the Cataraqui Arena: 1030 Sunnyside Road, Kingston On K7P 2Y2 in the Cloverdale Hall.
Registration for this race is now closed
8 km fee $40.00 KRRA members enjoy a $5.00 discount on race fees, check your email for the promo code!
2km fee $10.00 for Adults
2km fee $5.00 for Children under 12
2017 Race Registration hardcopy form available: resolution-run-entry-form
2017 Race Pledge form available: resolution-run-pledge-form
The new route is now in the north-west end of Kingston, north of Hwy 401, just west of the Sydenham exit. The route is an “out-and-back”, 4k each way. Here is the route described followed by a map screen capture.
- START at 10AM: at pole 89; the resident driveway at 1007 Sunnyside Drive.
- 1K: 2460 McIvor Rd, 1st fence pole east of driveway.
- 2K: Pole 5140 near intersection of Jackson Mills Rod and Paige Rd.
- 3K: 3rd of 4 caution arrows going north on Jackson Mills Rd.
- 4K: Turnaround, 20m west of pole CZAGJQ
- 5K: 3rd of 4 caution arrows going north on Jackson Mills Rd.
- 6K: Pole 5140 near intersection of Jackson Mills Road and Paige Rd.
- 7K: 2460 McIvor Rd, 1st fence pole east of driveway.
- FINISH: Pole 89 at 1007 Sunnyside Drive.
Saturday, January 7, 2017
11am-4pm: early race kit pickup at Runners’ Choice Kingston
Sunday, January 8, 2017
- 9:00am: Race Registration / pick-up kit at Cataraqui Arena in the Cover in the Cloverdale Hall.
- 9:30am: Family fun run/walk will be held outside this year
- 10:00am: 8km Road Race start time
- 11:00am or shortly thereafter: Awards / Draws / Food
- Medals to the top 3 runners in KRRA age categories.
- Course records: Men: 25:05, Women: 27:53.
- Great draw prizes for runners and walkers!
- Great post-race food by East Side Mario’s Restaurant on Weller
- Free parking and washrooms available at the Cataraqui Arena.
- Please contact Race Director, Robin Witzke, at to volunteer for this event.
Addiction & Mental Health Services would like to thank the following companies and organizations for supporting this important fundraiser:
- Runners’ Choice Kingston
- East Side Mario’s Restaurant on Weller
- DrugSmart Pharmacy
- Better Balance Massage Therapy – Kingston
Check out the results and photo links from past years of the Resolution Run.
- 2017 – 8K Race overall | Age categories | Photos
- 2016 – 8K Race overall | Age categories | Photos
- 2015 – 8K Race | Photos
- 2014 – 8K Race | Photos
- 2013 – 8K Race | Article & Photos
- 2012 – 8K Race | Photos
- 2011 – 8K Race |
- 2010 – 8K Race |
- 2009 – 8K Race |
- 2008 – 8K Race |
- 2007 – 8K Race |
- 2006 – 8K Race | Photos