KRRA – Twosome Run 5k
Date(s) - Sunday, February 11, 2018
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Army Navy Air Force (ANAF) Unit 377
This race is organized and supported by the Kingston Road Runners Association in support of the Kingston Food Sharing Project, feeding children in our schools and Kingston and District Special Olympics Ontario.
In this unique Winter event, runners compete as individuals for KRRA series points, but can also compete as male-female teams for “twosome” overall and combined age group placings. Same-gender teams are welcome. Top female/female and male/male teams will receive medals. All runners (twosomes and “onesomes”) qualify for KRRA Race Series points. Anyone who would like a partner can email Ken Hook at email@example.com and he will team you up.
New this year will be a special prize for ‘Best Costumed Pair’. Let your imagination go wild and create your best race costume for this category!
The new course will take runners on a fast out-and-back route on a mostly flat road with few intersections on 2 small hills. Post-race refreshments and awards take place in the warmth of the ANAF Unit.
Congratulations to all who competed in the 2018 KRRA Twosome Run! Race Results are now available through runningbydesign.
To download a printable registration form, click here.
Race day registration is available at the ANAF Unit beginning at 9:15am.
Registration: $45 for 16yrs and older.
KRRA members and runners 15yrs and young will enjoy a $10 discount for this race!
If you want a tax receipt, entry is $15 more.
There is no KRRA member discount on Race Day registration.
Click on the course map below for a more detailed version.
Thursday Feb 8th
midnight – Online registration closes
Sunday Feb 11th
9:15 am – Registration and race kit pickup at ANAF Unit.
10:30 am – 5km Race Begins
11:30 am – Awards/Draws/Food & Beverages
- Timing will be done by runningbydesign.com.
- Technical socks guaranteed to first 120 runners registered
- Shoes (courtesy Runners’ Choice) to the middle-of-the-pack twosome
- Many Great Draw Prizes – All registrants and volunteers are eligible for Draw Prizes
- A little video from past races: 2013, 2012, 2011
Parking There is an abundance of free on-the-street parking in the vicinity of ANAF Unit and very limited parking at the Unit itself.
Washrooms Washrooms are available in the ANAF Unit. Shower facilities are not available
Volunteers Please contact Race Director Lesley Rudy at to volunteer for this event.
We would like to thank the following companies and organizations for supporting this important fundraiser.
- Culligan Water Kingston
- DrugSmart Pharmacy
- East Side Mario’s Weller Avenue
- K-Town Physiotherapy
- Pam Mundell Financial Planning
- Physiotherapy Kingston and Spinal Rehab Centre
- Runners’ Choice Kingston
- Thériault Wealth Management Team of RBC Dominion Securities
- Tim Hortons (Agnew Foods)
Results and photo links
- 2018 – Individuals Overall | Coed Team Results | Male Team Results | Female Team Results
- 2017 – Teams Overall | Teams Age Category | Individuals Overall | Individuals Age Category | Photos
- 2016 – Teams Overall | Teams Age Category | Individuals Overall | Individuals Age Category | Photos
- 2015 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall | Photos
- 2014 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall | Photos
- 2013 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall | Photos
- 2012 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall
- 2011 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall
- 2010 – Individuals Overall
- 2009 – Individuals Overall
- 2008 – Individuals Overall
- 2007 – Individuals Overall
- 2006 – Individuals Overall
- 2005 – Individuals Overall
- 2004 – Individuals Overall
- 2003 – Individuals Overall
- 2002 – Individuals Overall
- 2000 – Individuals Overall
- 1999 – Individuals Overall