KRRA – Twosome Run 5k
Date(s) - Sunday, February 5, 2017
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Winston Churchill PS
This race is organized and supported by the Kingston Road Runners Association in support of the Kingston Food Sharing Project, feeding children in our schools as well as other KRRA charitable causes.
In this unique Winter event, runners compete as individuals for KRRA series points, but can also compete as male-female teams for “twosome” overall and combined age group placings. The course takes runners along city streets through the Queen’s University campus and past many of the historic “Old Stones” of Kingston. Post race refreshments and awards take place in the warmth of the school gymnasium.
Congratulations to all who competed in the 2017 KRRA Twosome Run! Race Results are available through runningbydesign.
Registration is open for 2017 Twosome Run is now closed.
- To download a printable registration form, click here.
- Race kit pickup Saturday, February 4th, 12-4pm at Runners Choice Kingston, 56 Brock Street
KRRA members will enjoy a $10 discount for this race! All fees go up $5 on race day.
DrugSmart Pharmacy has a special prize open to all Queen’s University twosomes. Should any Queen’s U twosome win the race, they are eligible for prizing.
Same-gender teams are welcome as well but are not eligible for medals. All runners (twosomes and “onesomes”) qualify for KRRA Race Series points. Anyone who would like a partner can email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will team you up.
Thursday Feb 2nd
midnight – Online registration closes
Saturday Feb 4th
12-4 pm – In-person registration and early race kit pickup at Runners’ Choice 56 Brock Street
Sunday Feb 5th
9:15 am – Registration and race kit pickup at Winston Churchill P.S.
10:30 am – 5km Race Begins
11:30 am – Awards/Draws/Food & Beverages
- Timing will be done by runningbydesign.com.
- Technical socks guaranteed to first 120 runners registered
- Shoes (courtesy Runners’ Choice) to the middle-of-the-pack twosome
- Many Great Draw Prizes – All registrants and volunteers are eligible for Draw Prizes
- A little video from past races: 2013, 2012, 2011
This race was featured in the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Canadian Running Magazine (“For the Love of it”, pg. 48)
Parking There is an abundance of free on-the-street parking in the vicinity of Winston Churchill P.S. Please try to avoid parking on Earl Street or MacDonnell Street adjacent to the school (the race route) or in the school parking lot. Arrive early and you’ll find a spot close by on Hill, Napier, Toronto or Victoria Streets.
Washrooms Washrooms are available in Winston Churchill P.S. but shower facilities are not available
Volunteers Please contact Race Director Kevin Webster at to volunteer for this event.
We would like to thank the following companies and organizations for supporting this important fundraiser.
- Ageless Fitness Kingston
- Apex Cycling
- Blackdog Hospitality
- Culligan Water of Kingston
- DrugSmart Pharmacy
- East Side Marios (Weller Avenue at Division)
- K-Rock 105.7
- Life Yoga
- Moksha Yoga
- Momentum Pilates
- Pam Mundell – Financial Services Planning
- Runners’ Choice Kingston
- Tim Hortons (Agnew Foods)
- Trailhead Kingston
Results and photo links
- 2017 – Teams Overall | Teams Age Category | Individuals Overall | Individuals Age Category | Photos
- 2016 – Teams Overall | Teams Age Category | Individuals Overall | Individuals Age Category | Photos
- 2015 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall | Photos
- 2014 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall | Photos
- 2013 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall | Photos
- 2012 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall
- 2011 – Teams Overall | Individuals Overall
- 2010 – Individuals Overall
- 2009 – Individuals Overall
- 2008 – Individuals Overall
- 2007 – Individuals Overall
- 2006 – Individuals Overall
- 2005 – Individuals Overall
- 2004 – Individuals Overall
- 2003 – Individuals Overall
- 2002 – Individuals Overall
- 2000 – Individuals Overall
- 1999 – Individuals Overall