Wolfe Island Classic 5k & 10k
Date(s) - Sunday, July 8, 2018
12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wolfe Island Ontario
Wolfe Island is the first, and largest, of the famous Thousand Islands. Besides being very scenic, it is a popular cycling destination and has wonderful views of the city of Kingston, Ontario, some of the other islands, and the American shoreline.
- Only a 20-minute ferry ride from Kingston, Ontario.
- Only a 5-minute ferry ride + 10 kilometre drive from Cape Vincent, New York.
- The races start in the village of Marysville and follow a scenic out-and-back course.
- The finish line is 1 kilometre west of the village, on the waterfront.
The Wolfe Island Classic is part of the KRRA Race Series. Members of KRRA earn points for completing the 5k Race. The 5K race is also the second event in the “Tri-Island Race Series“, which also includes the “Howe Island Hustle” and the “Wooly Bully 10K” on Amherst Island.
There is a $5 discount on race fees for KRRA members.
Full event details are available at www.wolfeisland.com/wiclassic/.
7:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. : Race day registration.
7:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. : Kit pick up.
9:10 a.m. : Kiddie Kilometre (Actually a 200-metre race for 2- to 6-year olds.)
9:30 a.m. : Start of both the 5K and 10K races.
10:30 a.m. : Start of the awards ceremony.
Leave your car in Kingston
Everything associated with the race is within walking distance of the ferry dock.
Bag-Check / Swimming
There will be a bag-check truck at the start line. It will bring your bags to the finish line.
The finish line is on the waterfront. You can wade/swim immediately after finishing your race.
| Early Bird
(ends April 30th)
(ends July 7th)
| Race Day
|Family of 3 to 8 :||$20/each||$23/each||$25/each|
There will be a $5 discount for KRRA members. Online registration is available at wolfeisland.com.
Award for the fastest family team
- At least 3 team members must complete their events.
- No restriction on the mix of males and females.
- No restriction on the number of team members in either event.
- Based on the average finishing time for all team participants.
Team Score = average of 5K times + (10K times / 2)
Check out results from past years.
- 2018 — 5K Overall | 10K Overall | Team Results
- 2017 — 5K Overall Results | 5K Age Group Results | 10K Overall Results | 10K Age Group Results
- 2016 — 5K | 10K | Teams | Photos