KRRA takes on the 2016 Peterborough Half
Could the day have been more perfect for running? The consensus was a resounding “NO”. And with that, on Sunday February 28th 2016, the Kingston Road Runners boarded a bus and traveled the Peterborough Half Marathon event.
In years past, KRRA members represented both the club and city well, with terrific athletic performances. This year was no exception. Strong finishes came from all the 20+ group who participated.
Here are the notable results:
- Suzanne Kerr placed 2nd overall female.
- Robert Watering placed 2nd age cat. M45-49
- Wayne Rice placed 3rd age cat. M50-54
- Lana Saunders placed 2nd age cat. F40-44
- Karen Millson placed 1st age cat. F50-54
- Shirley Myers placed 2nd age cat F60+
- Emma Langley placed 3rd age cat. F20-24
- Sophie Saunders-Lambert placed 1st F14. for the 5K
To view all race results, here’s the link to sports stats for the half marathon.
On an unfortunate note, a KRRA volunteer pace bunny, failed to successfully pace the time he had committed to. When he arrived at the finish 1+ minute under the pre-determined time, upon discovering the mismatch to the finish chute’s clock, he turned and ran; only to return a minute later hoping the crowd didn’t recognize him. No one was fooled. (The majority of complaints about this pace bunny came from KRRA members.)
The day’s events concluded with a quick trip to the beer store and celebratory drinks on the bus ride home. Another successful day for the KRRA. Many thanks to Al Cantlay and Runners Choice Kingston who generously subsidized the bus to the race.