KRRA – Limestone Race Weekend 2K, 10K, 5K & Half Marathon
Date(s) - Saturday, April 27, 2019 - Sunday, April 28, 2019
City Hall, Kingston Ontario
The Kingston Road Runners Association invites you to Kingston for the city’s largest annual running event. Choose from the 5K, 10K or the Historic Half Marathon races over the April 27/28 2019 weekend. There’s even a Kids 2K Fun Run for 12yrs and under. It’s the original, all-volunteer community event.
KRRA supports the Start2finish Reading and Running program at Molly Brant Elementary School in Kingston.
10K RACE FEES
- November 1st 2018 to January 31st 2019, $40 ($30 for KRRA members)
- February 1st to March 31st, $50 ($40 for KRRA members)
- April 1-27 $60 ($10 off for KRRA members until Thursday Apr. 25th)
HISTORIC HALF MARATHON/5K FEES
- November 1st 2018 to January 31st 2019, $30 ($20 for KRRA members)
- February 1st to March 31st, $40 ($30 for KRRA members)
- April 1-28 $50 ($10 off for KRRA members until Thursday Apr. 25th)
- November 1st 2018 to January 31st 2019, $50 ($40 for KRRA members)
- February 1st to March 31st, $60 ($50 for KRRA members)
- April 1-28 $70 ($10 off for KRRA members until Thursday April 25th)
Register for all races: online registration
The 2017 half marathon course was certified by Athletics Canada. Due to ongoing re-construction of the waterfront path, a project that will likely not be completed by April 28, 2019, we will be unable to use our 2017 certified course. However any new course will be accurately measured.
For kids 6-12 years old
April 27, 2019, 3:30pm
MacDonald Park near the foot of Emily St.
- Race bib pick up beginning at 2:30 pm at race site
- The race is a non-competitive fun run and timing will not be provided
- The distance is 2K in total
- There will be prizes & draws
This is an out-and-back run along the Kingston waterfront, beginning and ending in MacDonald Park.
Race Kit pick-up and race day registration begins at 3:30 pm in MacDonald Park near the foot of Emily St.
10K Course Map available here.
The race starts at 5:00 pm with an awards ceremony to follow at 6:30 pm. The 2019 10K Race results are available at runningbydesign.com.
Historic Half Marathon/5K Background
Location City Hall, Kingston Ontario
REVISED Historic Half Marathon Race Route – LARGE version
Click map for large version. Zoom option available by clicking with magnifying glass. Scroll to view sections.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – contact the new Race Directors:
- Pam Mundell 613.453.9603,
- Janet Shepherd 613.539.3056,
Saturday, April 27th
Race kit pickup for the Half marathon and 5K will be at The Kingston Brewing Company on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Late race pickup will be available on race morning from 7:30 am to 9:00 am in the start/finish area. Runners who register by April 12, 2019 will be guaranteed a race shirt and personalized bib. To be sure you get the shirt size you ordered, it is strongly suggested that pick up your race kit on Saturday, April 27.
Sunday, April 28th
7:30 – 9:00 am – Registration still open. Half/5k race kit pickup at Confederation Park (Ontario Street)
9:30am – Half Marathon/5k races begin
10:30am – 5k Race Awards
11:45am – Half Marathon Race Awards
- All registered runners and volunteers are eligible for draw prizes
- Finisher medals for all Half Marathon runners.
- Cash prizes for top three overall finishers and age group medals for both men and women in both Sunday races.
- Runners’ Choice will present a pair of shoes to the middle of the pack finisher in both Sunday races.
- Hot chili (by The Kingston Brewing Company) plus fruit, bagels and cold drinks provided post-race on Sunday.
- Half Marathon Course Record Holders: Male Lionel Saunders 1:07:52 (2013), Female Rachel Hannah 1:18:26 (2018)
- 5K Course Record Holders: Male Dylan Wykes 14.37 (2007), Female Courtney Babcock 16.26 (2006)
$500 Cash Bonus for New Sunday Half or 5K Course Record
- Cash awards: Half (M & F) – overall 1st: $300; overall 2nd: $200; overall 3rd: $100
5K (m & f) – overall 1st: $150; overall 2nd: $100; overall 3rd: $50
The 2019 Half Marathon and 5K race results will be available at sportstats.ca.
There is plenty of free street parking on Sunday in Downtown Kingston.
Check out the results from past years of the Limestone Race Weekend, for the 5K and Half Marathon.
- 2018 — 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | 10K photos | Half Marathon | 5K/Half photos
- 2017 — Kids 2K | 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | Half Marathon | Team Competition | Sunday photos
- 2016 — Kids 2K | 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | Half Marathon | Team Competition | Sunday photos | Media
- 2015 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run | 3-Person Team Competition | 5K & Half photos | Media
- 2014 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2013 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2012 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2011 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2010 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2009 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2008 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2007 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2006 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2005 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2004 — Half Marathon
- 2003 — Half Marathon
- 2002 — Half Marathon
- 2001 — Half Marathon
- 2000 — Half Marathon
Sponsors & Community Supporters
The KRRA wishes to thank the following sponsors and organizations who make this event happen.
- Runners’ Choice Kingston
- Align Orthotics & Rehab
- East Side Mario’s Restaurant at Division. St.
- City of Kingston and Community Police Volunteers of Kingston
- Downtown Kingston
- DrugSmart Pharmacy
- The Kingston Brewing Company
- K-Rock 105.7, 93.5 Country, KISS 102.7
- Pam Mundell Financial Planning Services
- RMC/CFB Kingston
- St. John’s Ambulance
- The Water Store
- hi-octane creative