KRRA – Limestone Race Weekend 2K, 10K, 5K & Half Marathon
Date(s) - Saturday, April 28, 2018 - Sunday, April 29, 2018
City Hall, Kingston Ontario
2018 REGISTRATION LINKS WILL BE UPDATED SOON
The Kingston Road Runners Association is pleased to present our feature races of the year. There will be a unique finishing medal for 2018 half marathon runners.
KRRA supports the Start2finish Reading and Running program at Molly Brant Elementary School in Kingston, and the KGH Trauma Unit, dedicated to raising awareness and injury prevention of year round causes of trauma.
The 2017 half marathon course was certified by Athletics Canada.
HISTORIC HALF MARATHON/5K FEES Unchanged for 2018
5K: Early bird until Jan. 31, 2018 $30, Feb 1 – Mar 31 $40, April 1-29 $50 ($10 off for KRRA members until Apr. 26)
Half Marathon: Early bird until Jan. 31, 2018 $50, Feb 1 – Mar 31 $60, April 1-29 $70 ($10 off for KRRA members until Apr. 26)
Historic Half Marathon/5K hard copy registration form available here.
KGH TRAUMA UNIT 10K FEES Unchanged for 2018
Early bird until Jan. 31, 2018 $30 Feb 1 – Mar 31 $40, April 1-28 $50 ($5 off for KRRA members until Apr. 26)
2017 KGH Trauma Unit 10K hard copy registration form available here.
The Kids’ 2K race is organized and supported by the Kingston Road Runners Association for elementary students from grades 1 to 6 (up to 11 years old). Students from the Run & Read program receive a FREE entry; other students pay $5.
Registration starts at 2:30 pm in MacDonald Park near the foot of Emily Street. It’s best to arrive early.
Download 2017 2K registration to get a hard copy registration form.
The race begins at 3:30 pm. There will be a brief awards ceremony at the conclusion of the race. All finishers will be awarded a KRRA finishers’ ribbon.
KGH TRAUMA 10K
This is an out and back run along the Kingston waterfront, beginning and ending in MacDonald Park.
Race Kit pick-up and race day registration begins at 3:30 pm in MacDonald Park near the foot of Emily St.
KGH Trauma Unit 10K Course Map available here.
The race starts at 5:00 pm with an awards ceremony to follow at 6:30 pm.
To volunteer contact race director Cathy Dain at
2016 DONATION to START2FINISH
Historic Half Marathon/5K Background
Location City Hall, Kingston Ontario
T3-Runner Team Competition 3-some information
2017 Historic Half Marathon/5K race photos available here
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – to volunteer contact Volunteer Coordinator Suzanne Kerr at: or Race Director Ed Brand at:
Saturday, April 28 Race kit pickup for the Half marathon and 5K will be at The Kingston Brewing Company on Saturday, April 28, 2018 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. Late race pickup will be available on race morning from 7:30 am to 9:00 am in the start/finish area. Runners who register by April 13, 2018 will be guaranteed a race shirt and personalized bib. To be sure you get the shirt size you ordered, it is strongly suggested that pick up your race kit on Saturday, April 29.
Sunday, April 29
7-9am – Registration still open. Half/5k race kit pickup at Confederation Park (Ontario Street)
9:30am – Half/5k races begin
10:30am – 5k Race Awards
11:45am – Half Marathon Race Awards
- All registered runners and volunteers are eligible for draw prizes
- Medals for all Half Marathon finishers.
- Cash prizes for top three overall finishers and age group medals for both men and women in both Sunday races.
- Runners’ Choice will present a pair of shoes to the middle of the pack finisher in both Sunday races.
- Hot chili (by The Kingston Brewing Company) plus fruit, bagels and cold drinks provided post-race on Sunday.
- Half Marathon Course Record Holders: Male Lionel Saunders 1:07:52 (2013), Female Leslie Sexton 1:20.48 (2006)
- 5K Course Record Holders: Male Dylan Wykes 14.37 (2007), Female Courtney Babcock 16.26 (2006) $500 Cash Bonus for New Sunday Half or 5K Course Record
- Cash awards Half (m & f) – overall 1st: $300; overall 2nd: $200; overall 3rd: $10o 5K (m & f) – overall 1st: $150; overall 2nd: $100; overall 3rd: $50
There is plenty of free Sunday street parking in Downtown Kingston.
Check out the results from past years of the Limestone Race Weekend, for the 5K and Half Marathon.
- 2017 — Kids 2K | 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | Half Marathon | Team Competition | Sunday photos
- 2016 — Kids 2K | 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | Half Marathon | Team Competition | Sunday photos | Media
- 2015 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 3-Person Team Competition | 5K & Half photos | Media
- 2014 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
Sponsors & Community Supporters
The KRRA wishes to thank the following sponsors and organizations who make this event happen.
- Runners’ Choice Kingston
- Align Orthotics & Rehab
- East Side Mario’s Restaurant at Division. St.
- Ageless Fitness
- City of Kingston and Community Police of Kingston
- Downtown Kingston
- DrugSmart Pharmacy
- The Kingston Brewing Company
- K-Rock 105.7, 93.5 Country, KISS 102.7
- Pam Mundell Financial Planning Services
- RMC/CFB Kingston
- St. John’s Ambulance
- The Water Store