Limestone Race Weekend
Date(s) - Saturday, April 27, 2019 - Sunday, April 28, 2019
City Hall, Kingston Ontario
The Kingston Road Runners Association invites you to beautiful Downtown Kingston for the city’s largest annual running event. Choose from the 5K, Waterfront 10K or the Historic Half Marathon race over the April 27/28 2019 weekend. There’s even a kids 2K Fun Run for children 12-years-old and under. It’s the original, all-volunteer community event.
KRRA supports the Start2finish Reading and Running program at Molly Brant Elementary School in Kingston and also the Boys and Girls Club of Kingston & Area. Proceeds from the Limestone Race Weekend will be donated to both of these excellent programs.
NEW Race kit pick-up for all races!
Friday April 26th – 4 pm to 8 pm Runners’ Choice.
Saturday April 27th – 12 noon to 4 pm Runners’ Choice.
Last minute race kit pick-up for Waterfront 10K, from 4:15 pm at MacDonald Park just before race.
Waterfront 10K race starts at 5 pm.
Last minute race kit pick-up for 5K and Historic Half Marathon on Sunday morning 7:30 am to 9 am at Confederation Basin at the start/finish area. Both 5K and Historic Half Marathon start at 9:30 am.
Saturday, April 27 Races
Tommy Compton Memorial Race 2K
This is a non-competitive fun run for kids between the ages of 6 and 12. The race starts at 3:30 pm in MacDonald Park near the foot of Emily Street
- Race bib pick-up begins at 2:30 pm in MacDonald Park
- There will be prizes and draws
Waterfront 10K Race
This is an out-and-back race along Kingston’s waterfront, beginning and ending in MacDonald Park. The race starts at 5 pm. Post race refreshments provided by MacKinnon Brothers Brewery and The Grocery Basket. Awards ceremony to follow at 6:30 pm. This race is sponsored in part by CI Investments.
- Cash prizes offered to top three overall finishers:
- 10K (male and female) – Overall 1st $200; Overall 2nd $150; Overall 3rd $75
- Race day registration will be available at 4 pm in MacDonald Park near the foot of Emily Street
- View the Waterfront 10 K course map here.
- The 2019 10K Race results will be posted on runningbydesign.com
- November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019: $40 ($30 for KRRA members)
- February 1 to March 31: $50 ($40 for KRRA members)
- April 1-27 $60 ($10 off for KRRA members until Thursday April 25)
Sunday, April 28 Races
Historic Half Marathon and 5K
The Historic Half Marathon and 5K is KRRA’s premier event. Over the course of the two events, participants pass many of Kingston’s historic sites while also taking in the natural beauty of the city’s incredible waterfront on Lake Ontario.
- Both races begin and end at City Hall
- Cash prizes offered to top three overall finishers:
- Half (male and female) – Overall 1st: $300; Overall 2nd: $200; Overall 3rd: $100
- 5K (male and female) – Overall 1st: $150; Overall 2nd: $100; Overall 3rd: $50
- Age group medals for both men and women in both races
- All half marathon runners will receive finishers medals
- All registered runners and volunteers are eligible for draw prizes
- Runners’ Choice will present a pair of shoes to the middle of the pack finisher of the Historic Half Marathon.
- Following the races, enjoy chili prepared by The Kingston Brewing Company plus fruit, bagels and cold drinks
- There is plenty of free street parking in Downtown Kingston.
Click map for large version. Zoom option available by clicking with magnifying glass. Scroll to view sections.
The 2017 half marathon course was certified by Athletics Canada. Due to ongoing re-construction of the waterfront path, a project that will likely not be completed by April 28, 2019, we will be unable to use our 2017 certified course. However, any new course will be accurately measured.
Late race pickup will be available on race morning from 7:30 am to 9 am in the start/finish area. Runners who register by April 12, 2019 will be guaranteed a race shirt and personalized bib. To ensure you get the shirt size you ordered, it is strongly recommended that you pick-up your race kit on either Friday April 26 or Saturday, April 27.
Sunday, April 28
7:30 am – 9:00 am – Registration still open. Half/5K race kit pick-up at Confederation Park on Ontario Street.
9:30 am – Half marathon/5K races begin
10:30 am – 5K race awards
11:45 am – Half marathon race awards
- November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019: $30 ($20 for KRRA members)
- February 1 to March 31: $40 ($30 for KRRA members)
- April 1-28: $50 ($10 off for KRRA members until Thursday, April 25)
- November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019: $50 ($40 for KRRA members)
- February 1 to March 31: $60 ($50 for KRRA members)
- April 1-28: $70 ($10 off for KRRA members until Thursday April 25)
The 2019 half marathon and 5K race results will be available on sportstats.ca.
Call for Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering contact the new race directors;
Pam Mundell 613.453.9603: ,
Janet Shepherd 613.539.3056: .
All volunteers are eligible for draw prizes.
3-Runner Team Competition
The Limestone Race Weekend will once again feature a team competition. The threesome must consist of a minimum of one female, one runner in each of the 5K, 10K and half marathon.
More information about the team competition. Download your 2019 team sign-up form here.
2018 Historic Half medal
Record Holders and Past Results
- Half Marathon Course Record Holders: Male Lionel Saunders 1:07:52 (2013), Female Rachel Hannah 1:18:26 (2018)
- 5K Course Record Holders: Male Dylan Wykes 14.37 (2007), Female Courtney Babcock 16.26 (2006)
- $500 cash bonus for new half marathon or 5K course record.
Check out the results from past years of the Limestone Race Weekend, for the 5K and Half Marathon.
- 2018 — 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | 10K photos | Half Marathon | 5K/Half photos
- 2017 — Kids 2K | 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | Half Marathon | Team Competition | Sunday photos
- 2016 — Kids 2K | 5K | KGH Trauma Unit 10K | Half Marathon | Team Competition | Sunday photos | Media
- 2015 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run | 3-Person Team Competition | 5K & Half photos | Media
- 2014 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2013 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2012 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2011 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2010 — 5K Race | Half Marathon | 10K KGH Trauma Run
- 2009 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2008 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2007 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2006 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2005 — 5K Race | Half Marathon
- 2004 — Half Marathon
- 2003 — Half Marathon
- 2002 — Half Marathon
- 2001 — Half Marathon
- 2000 — Half Marathon
The KRRA wishes to acknowledge our community supporters who make this event possible.
- RMC/CFB Kingston
- City of Kingston
- Community Police Volunteers of Kingston
- St John’s Ambulance
The KRRA wishes to thank the following sponsors who make this event successful.
- Runners’ Choice Kingston
- New Balance
- CI Investments
- MacKinnon Brothers Brewery
- The Grocery Basket
- Align Orthotics & Rehab
- East Side Mario’s Restaurant at Division.
- DrugSmart Pharmacy
- Pam Mundell Financial Planning Services
- hi-octane creative
City Hall, 216 Ontario Street, Kingston, Ont.